Below is how to care for your Eskimo Joe's machine to ensure you get the best possible performance from it:
Make sure you use Eskimo Joe products:
The equipment is designed to work using Eskimo Joe products. Using our products means your machine will work at peak performance and will provide you with the best quality slush! Using product provided by other suppliers will void your warranty and can result in machine or component failure and poor-quality slush.
You can purchase syrups here.
Leave enough clear space around your machine:
Your Eskimo Joe's machine requires at least 30cm of clear space each side of your machine, and at least 10cm of clear space at the rear of the machine to function properly. Otherwise your machine can overheat and thus have to work harder to produce slush which will increase your running costs, and eventually the machine will not be able to produce slush at all.
Locate your machine away from heat sources:
Your slush machine should not be installed near a heat source, such as a coffee machine, ice maker, pizza oven, deep fryer, panini press - any machine which produces hot air from its vents or through its operation, causing your slush machine to have to run at a high temperature.
Always use the correct syrup and water mix ratio:
Our machines are designed to operate using the correct syrup and water mix ratio, our ratio means your machine works at peak capacity and creates the best quality slush for your customers! Using either too much water or too much syrup will mean the machine has to work harder to make slush, increasing your running costs.
You can find our guide to mixing syrups here!
Follow the cleaning guides for your machine:
If you keep your machine clean and maintained then it will operate efficiently and keep your running costs down!
You can find our guide to cleaning your machine here
Always use the timer settings on your machine:
Never just switch your machine off with product inside, always use the timer settings to ensure the machine goes into overnight mode, this prevents icebergs from forming and damaging the internal parts of your machine.
You can find our guide on how to set up your timer here
Always power your machine as per our guide:
Using the correct power source is very important as it prevents your machine from tripping the power, or overloading and overheating the sockets and saves your machine from damage!
You can find our guide on how to power your machine here
It's important to switch your machine to overnight mode every night
- protects your machine from start-up damage
- contributes to the best quality and texture slush drink for your customers. • protects your slush from spoiling
- reduces energy consumption and excessive wear on your machine
- the machine goes into chill mode and monitors temperature of the product in the tanks
- if the product temperature goes above 4C the machine will go back into day mode to chill the product down again, and will repeat this cycle while in overnight mode
If your machine is simply switched off with slush in the tanks, it can cause:
- “icebergs” to float on the surface which leads to poor quality slush
- hard chunks of ice which can cause damage or break the spiral blades • your product to quickly spoil and grow bacteria (especially in warm or humid temperatures) • increased operating and maintenance costs
For best results and the best quality slush product, always have your tanks filled to the maximum fill level when your machine is in overnight mode